Session 1

Dunc has connected.

Taragnor has connected.

Server has connected.

Sachi has connected.

Rift07 has connected.

Tabris has connected.

Bag of Tricks – OnCampaignLoad checks Current online GM’s are: Taragnor This campaign runs in Maptool version 1.3.b91 This campaign if powered by version 37o of the Bag of Tricks (check for updates) This Maptool version supports automatic vision blocking manipulation, this functionality will be enabled All necessary Bag of Tricks states have been defined All necessary Bag of Tricks tokens have been found All necessary Bag of Tricks tables are installed All lib:Tokens have no owners set (this is good!).

Rift:

Baelis:

Rift:

Rift:

Baelis:

Garrion: hello all

Rift:

Baelis: Baelis — Perception Check (Take 10): 17

Keltan: Hey G

Baelis: howdy

Garrion: thanks

Taragnor: hey.

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger #1
Flurry/Rapid Hit AC: 14 Damage: 3
Attack 1 Hit AC: 11 Damage: 3

Rift07: Garrion joining us in death?

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): MACRO Statement Body : “Page=Main”

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Taragnor: yeah he is

Sachi: Yay, hiya G!

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Baelis
Musket
Attack 1 Hit AC: 27 (8) Damage: 10 37
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 1
Attack 1 Hit AC: 7 Damage: 3

Rift:

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Rift:

Baelis: Yeah ok it doesnt

Taragnor: weird.. not sure why Rift’s token doesn’tw ant to attack

Baelis: Cause he’s a pacifist ?

Keltan: I think I did just kill you

Rift07: because it knows im fucking doomed

Baelis: Nah i got 3hp left

Keltan: lol

Rift:

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 1
Standard Attack Hit AC: 14 Damage: 2
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Shortbow
Attack 1 Hit AC: 7 Damage: 4

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Touch
Attack 1 Hit AC: 14 Damage: 1

Rift:

Taragnor: Hmm…

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 1
Attack 1 Hit AC: 8 Damage: 1

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 2
Attack 1 Hit AC: 10 Damage: 4

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 2
Attack 1 Hit AC: 22 Damage: 1

Taragnor: weird… Rift’s attacks for some reason are still not displaying for me.

Rift07: ?

You say to the GMs: Edited: Chain Shirt

Rift07: I see them

Taragnor: oh really?

You say to the GMs: Deleted: Leather.

Taragnor: that’s weird.

Rift07: does everyone else?

Taragnor: you see all the attacks I’m rolling there?

Rift07: yes

Taragnor: cause I don’t see them on my end.

Rift07: shortbow

Taragnor: what the… lol.

Rift07: d1,d2,d1,d2

Keltan: lol yeah I see them

Taragnor: oh…

Taragnor: Weird… not sure why I wouldn’t be seeing it.

You say to the GMs: Edited: Buckler

Keltan: Beats me

Sachi:

Taragnor: I see them when you guys roll em but when I roll it it doesn’t seem to show.

You say to the GMs: Deleted: NaturalArmor.

Taragnor: Rift try rolling an attack

Taragnor: I want to see if I see it when you do it.

Baelis: Can you see attack when you roll them for the rest of us ?

Taragnor: lemme try

Taragnor: I’ll see fi I can fire off your musket.

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Taragnor: yeah okay

Baelis: Misfire .. explosion ! Ship sinks

Taragnor: I didn’t see that either

Taragnor: weird.

Baelis: We saw it lol

Baelis: You rolled a 19 and 9 damage .. nice

Taragnor: lemme make sure the monsters attacks I can see. heh.

<html><body style=“Status:”>

Mo03 Cat – Cheetah*:

Taragnor: yeah okay, I can see that

Baelis: lol strange

Taragnor: yeah. must be some odd side effect of these macros that I can’t see it if I roll for a PC.

Keltan: lol yeah that is weird

Baelis: give yourself shared ownership of my char and see if that helps

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 1
Flurry/Rapid Hit AC: 17 Damage: 4
Attack 1 Hit AC: 13 Damage: 1

Error in body of roll. Statement options (if any): H, IF, CODE Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [H: targs = json.set(submitSet, “controlKeys”, ‘[“editSkills”,“returnMacro”,“property”,“tToken”,“controlKeys”]’)] [MACRO): targs] [H: tP

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Rift
Dagger 1
Flurry/Rapid Hit AC: 18 Damage: 1
Attack 1 Hit AC: 17 Damage: 4

Rift:

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Eryk
Longsword

ATTACK MODS
BAB: 2
Str Bonus: 3
ATTACK ROLLS
ROLL: 2
Alternate Roll: 2
Miss Rolls: 63%, 6%
ATTACK TOTALS
Total Attack Bonus: +5
Totals: Hit AC 7

BASE DAMAGE
Base Damage: 1d8 = 6
Damage Bonus: 0 = 0
DAMAGE MODS
Str Bonus (x1): 3
DAMAGE TOTALS
Total Damage: 1d8 + 3 = 9

“>Attack 1 Hit AC: 7 Damage: 9

Eryk: ok, think i got it enough to get started

Eryk: so you switched to the PF framework instead of your own?

Taragnor: Yeah.

Eryk: haha, finally converted ya

Taragnor: Well my old one didn’t really work in the latest versionfo maptool anyway

Taragnor: and I never updated it

Taragnor: So I was lazy :P

Taragnor: I did have to write macros for my initiatve system, but given the handy features this has to for creating mosnters fast I’ll probably stick with these and maybe mod em a bit.

<html><body style=“Status:” />Attack 1 Hit AC: 14 Damage: 6

Baelis: Still with us Sachi ?

Sachi: Yep!

Baelis: yay !

Eryk: Skill changes saved.

Taragnor: yeah no idea where Sef is but when G and Sachi got thier chars entered

Taragnor: we’ll get this thing started.

Eryk: Skill changes saved.

Eryk: Skill changes saved.

Eryk: ok, got skills, didn’t save first time i did it

Eryk: Eryk — Disable Device Check: 15
Note: +1 vs Traps

Eryk: Eryk — Stealth Check: 21

Sachi:

Eryk: hmm, AC is off for some reason

Eryk: examining

Eryk: Eryk — REMOVING: Chain Shirt

Sachi:

Eryk: Edited: Chain Shirt

Eryk: Eryk — APPLYING: Chain Shirt

Eryk: ok, fgixed

Sachi:

Eryk: i’m good to go except wrapping up my feats

Eryk:
Die Roll (1d20): 8
Save: 0
Stat Bonus: 1
Save Bonus: 0
Temp Bonus: 0
TOTAL: 9
“>Eryk: Will Save: 9
+1 Will vs Fear

Eryk:
Die Roll (1d20): 1
Save: 3
Stat Bonus: 2
Save Bonus: 0
Temp Bonus: 0
TOTAL: 6
“>Eryk: Fortitude Save: 6 FAILURE!
+1 Will vs Fear

Eryk:
Die Roll (1d20): 10
Save: 3
Stat Bonus: 2
Save Bonus: 0
Temp Bonus: 0
TOTAL: 15
“>Eryk: Reflex Save: 15
+1 Will vs Fear

Sachi: I don’t really get why it’s saying my move is 15

Sachi: Unless it’s because I’m at 0 hp

Eryk: armor encumbrance?

Sachi
<html><body style=“Status:” /> 0 hitpoints! 20 of 21+0 hitpoints remain…

Eryk
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Baelis
Musket (Steady Aim)
Standard Attack Hit AC: 6 (fumble) Damage: 11
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Keltan
Greatsword
Standard Attack Hit AC: 15 (76%) Damage: 14
<html><body style=“Status:” /> -14 hitpoints!

Keltan: Tough crab

Sachi: If I change the name on my token will it fuck up the initiative tracker and stuff?

Eryk declares Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Keltan hacks at the crab… inflicting some damage to it, but not stopping its monstrous frenzy.. the thing seems to attack him… eager to get at his chewy flesh…

I think youc an name Change Sachi

Keltan: “They say the big ones are too gamey anyway.”

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Clang

Taragnor: weird I rolled the attack but I don’t see it for some reason.

Taragnor: I guess I gotta own the crab. lol.

Keltan: lol

Khalil: (we see it)

Keltan: It rolled a 6

Eryk: ((FYI T it does not seem like I can specify a target by description – Engaged with ally))

Khalil: (it rolled a nat 1 and broke its pincer…honest)

Baelis: (We’ll tell you all the rolls T .. no one ever hits us ever)

Taragnor: Hmm.. opkay I’ll have to add that option G.

*****Start of Small Frenzied Crab 1’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Baelis: Also you need to split the initiative away from the declaring

one of the smaller crabs rushes at your cleric.

Taragnor: Yeah the declare system is still in alpha at this point heh. :P

Taragnor: Gonnah ave some bugs.

The crab charges at her heedless of the danger with its snapping claws.

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Should hopefully miss

Also that crab does the same shimmering effect as the other one… blurring itself…

Sachi has received initiative.

*****Start of Sachi’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Cast Area Spell – Bless

Keltan: Yay Bless

Taragnor: Al;right well you’re in melee right now, though you can step back away form it.

Taragnor: Or just cast defensively.

Sachi: Yeah hehe I’ll just take a step

Edit Mods is a GM only macro.

Sachi: It’ll get everyone anyway

Eryk: ((we need to all apply Bless))

Okay all of you can apply bless. Was there a way to do a macro that lets everyone apply it via that? I forget.

Or did you have to apply it manually?

Keltan: Yeah you go to Active Mods and select it from the spell tab

Keltan: You have to do it manually

*****Start of Frenzied Crab 1’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

The red shimmer goes over yet another of the abnormally large crabs.. and the thing comesa t you in a frezny as its form blurs…

Eryk: Eryk — APPLYING: Bless

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Whiff

*****Start of Small Frenzied Crab 2’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Taragnor: damn my crabs are rolling terible.

The other crab rushes at Keltan as well.. also blurring (they’re all blurred now)

Eryk: ((The GM can also apply himself to the group by multiselect and applying it.))

Taragnor: oh taht’s good to know G.

Taragnor: Alright well apply it manualyl for now just so you learn.. but… in the future I’ll do that

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Well one hit

Eryk: ((If it is active the icon will show on your token.))

Keltan
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Eryk
Longsword

ATTACK MODS
BAB: 2
Str Bonus: 3
Misc Attack: 1
Power Attack: -1
ATTACK ROLLS
ROLL: 13
Alternate Roll: 16
Miss Rolls: 79%, 64%
ATTACK TOTALS
Total Attack Bonus: +5
Totals: Hit AC 18

BASE DAMAGE
Base Damage: 1d8 = 3
Damage Bonus: 0 = 0
DAMAGE MODS
Str Bonus (x1): 3
Power Attack: 2
DAMAGE TOTALS
Total Damage: 1d8 + 5 = 8

“>Attack 1 Hit AC: 18 Damage: 8
<html><body style=”Status:" /> -8 hitpoints!

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Crab 2 And Attempt to Flank Crab 2

Khalil: (how do i initate the action?

Taragnor: okay just move yourself.

Khalil: (aoo?)

Taragnor: Yeah. it’ll take an AoO.

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Khalil: (think they both miss)

The 21 barely hits.

Khalil: (you sure?)

You’ve got 17 AC +4 for mobility

Khalil: (18) Khalil: (thats 22)

how’s it 18?

+4 dex, +2 wis, +1 dodge.

Keltan: Mini says 17

There a +1 I’m misisng?

Khalil: (damnit should be =3 wis let me check) Khalil: (no wait ignorwe me) Khalil: (your right)

Alright that’s gonna do 6 damage then. but you get your attack on it

Khalil
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Khalil
Unarmed #WF
Attack 1 Hit AC: 24 Damage: 4
<html><body style=“Status:” /> -7 hitpoints!

Khalil slams the crab from behind cracking its shell and dropping it.

Baelis has received initiative.

*****Start of Baelis’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Quick Clear and Reload And Move out of Melee Combat

  • Baelis quickly clears his weapon after the misfire and reloads it, then steps away from the crab a bit.

Eryk declares Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy And Attempt to Flank Nearest Enemy

  • Keltan nods his thanks to Khalil as he switches his focus to the other large crab

Keltan has received initiative.

*****Start of Keltan’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Frenzied Crab 1

Baelis: (Yeah ending init buttong doesnt work hehe .. i’m done)

Taragnor: yeah I’ll have to fix that

Taragnor: it works for me, but I guess not a PC.

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Heh, don’t think I confirmed sadly

Thanks to him charging you did with a 15 actually.

Keltan: Oh awesome

Keltan: He takes 23 to the face then

And you just obliterated that crab.

Sab’e of the Lash: Ooo

Frenzied Crab 1
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Small Frenzied Crab 1
claws
Attack 1 Hit AC: 12 Damage: 4
Attack 2 Hit AC: 19 Damage: 2
<html><body style=“Status:”><html><body style=“Status:”><html><body style=“Status:” /> -4 hitpoints!

  • Sab’e of the Lash swings a rather vicious-looking spiked chain, but doesn’t seem to hurt the crab much…

Sabe hits the smaller crab with her chain… getting a bit of a grazing blow on it but the thing keeps coming… seeming to risk all heedless of pain to get another bite in on her… rather odd behavior for crabs…

*****Start of Small Frenzied Crab 2’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

<html><body style=“Status:” />

  • Keltan deflects one of the crab’s claws with the flat of his massive sword

The crab goes for Keltan but cant qutie land a blow through his powerful defenses.

Eryk has received initiative.

*****Start of Eryk’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy And Attempt to Flank Nearest Enemy

Eryk: “Help the lady, we have these.”, Eryk says to the hooded person as he moves to flank the small crab with his ally.

<html><body style=“Status:” />Attack 1 Hit AC: 8 (79%) Damage: 15
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Khalil
Unarmed #WF
Attack 1 Hit AC: 18 Damage: 7

Khalil: Khalil: (I think that rolled the sneak attack damage as well…I think..)

Taragnor: and roll a d100 miss chance as well

Taragnor: for the blur.

Khalil: 64

Small Frenzied Crab 1
<html><body style=“Status:” /> -7 hitpoints! 2 of 15+0 hitpoints remain…

Khalil: (oops) Khalil: (forgot to choose target…yay)

Khalil pounds the crab momentaril thinking he damaged his hand on tis carapace…

Baelis has received initiative.

*****Start of Baelis’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Small frenzied crab 1 And Move Away from Small frenzied crab 1

Keltan: lol

Khalil: (how do i get my health back)

Keltan: Shift+F3

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Khalil
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Gained 14 hitpoints! 9 of 15+0 hitpoints remain…

Baelis: (If these things have 24 touch at i’m going to be very unhappy)

Khalil: (fml, why does this have to be so complicated)

Small Frenzied Crab 1
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Keltan
Greatsword
Attack 1 Hit AC: 22 (53%) Damage: 16
<html><body style=“Status:” /> -16 hitpoints!

Macro-defined error: subMultiModToggle: Not your token!

Keltan: Crunch

Keltan brings down the last of the crabs cleaving it in half iwth his massive blade.

Eryk: r-click or active mods macro

Somewhere the spirit of Sefiros nods in approval.

Keltan: lol

Eryk: ((better to do the active mods in case there is a prone modifier added in there))

Keltan: “Pheh, no sport in mindless animals.”

With the fight over you have a bit of time to size up the terrain now.. you’re amiidst some high cliffs… so can’t see too mcuh besides the ocean…

  • Khalil takes his kama out of his belt and starts killing the crabs while their down

Eryk: “Well done. Who wants to get a fire started so we can cook these up?”

Khalil finishes them off pretty easily, dealing a coup de grace to each of them.

  • Eryk glances to the lady, the obvious choice for a cook.

Keltan: “I suppose we could do that… Though I am rather curious as to just where we are, exactly.”

  • Baelis checks over his musket then goes to help the others.

Sefiros has connected.

  • Sab’e of the Lash is busy sizing up Khalil’s injuries.

Baelis: “I .. dont seem to remember much. Do any of you ..?”

Sab’e of the Lash: “Mmm~, that looks rather painful…~”

  • Sab’e of the Lash looks back to Baelis.
  • Khalil looks down at the slash along his ribs and starts going through his pack for a bandage

heh okay.. did Sabe want to touch him? Or you just gonna look form a distance?

Keltan: “Bits and pieces… Not much.”

Eryk: “NO, who are you by the way? My name is Eryk.”

Keltan: “I am Keltan.”

How thoroughly are you gonna check out his injuries?

Baelis: “Baelis .. i think .. or was that my brothers name..”

Sab’e of the Lash: (Hiya Sef!)

  • Baelis looks a bit confused then shrugs

Eryk: “You fight well Keltan, nice meeting a fellow bladesman.”

  • Keltan nods, “Likewise.”
  • Keltan is a towering mountain of a man, almost 6.5 feet tall and broad shouldered. He carries a Greatsword on his back which he uses with trained precision.

Sefiros: hey

The crabs blurring effect slowly ends as you see a bit of red mist rise off the crabs… also give me a perception check for everyone as well.

Eryk: “That weapon you have Baelis is very noisy. You have any quieter options?”

Sab’e of the Lash: (I’m definitely gonna prod at his injuries in a way that’s painful and aggravating without causing further injury, and strip him if I think I need to to assess his well-being)

Keltan: Keltan — Perception Check: 11

Sab’e of the Lash: Sab’e of the Lash — Perception Check: 20

hehe okay well Khalil tries to dodge out of the ay as you try to touch him, so you’ll have to make an unarmed touch attack on him to actualyl touch him

Sefiros: scandisk takes forever, still dont think i figured out WTF the deal is, so if i disconnect, its because i got some kind of BSOD plaguing me

Khalil: Khalil — Perception Check: 13
  • Baelis is about 5’11 with dark hair and brown eyes. He wears leather armour which has scorch marks on it from obvious mishaps with his gunpowder weapons.

Sefiros: will do a clean install tomorrow, should fix it whatever the fuck it is

Baelis: “Only my sword here” pats short sword

Baelis: “But i’m not very good with a blade”

Keltan: “A gunpowder weapon, impressive. I’ve not actually seen one before.”

Sab’e of the Lash: “Hey, hey!~ Ehehe, let me get a better look at your wounds!~”

  • Sab’e of the Lash seems a little excited at the prospect…

Keltan: “Or perhaps I have… It’s hard to say right now.”

  • Eryk is about 5’ 10" tall, an average build. He is a human and armored in chain mail and armed with a longsword and a shortbow is draped across his back.

<html><body style=“Status:”><html><body style=“Status:” /><html><body style=“Status:”><html><body style=“Status:” />

Baelis: (boooo)

Baelis: (I needed 1 more to hit its touch AC .. 1 !!)

Taragnor: hehe.

Baelis: (can i get my 5ft step back ?)

Keltan: Too bad it wasn’t charging, lol

Taragnor: Yeah you can 5 ft step.

Sab’e of the Lash has received initiative.

*****Start of Sab’e of the Lash’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Untie myself

Okay she’s trying to do it quickly so.. I"ll give her a rope use check…

Baelis: “Keltan !! Get that sword of yours out !!!”

What skill covers rope in PF.. sleight of hand?

Sab’e of the Lash: (I dunno)

Sab’e of the Lash: (But I definitely need to get it…)

Khalil: (common sense?)

Eryk: Escape Artist

Eryk: t get out

Khalil: (its not hard to undo a knot you did)

Taragnor: yeah escape artist

Taragnor: makes sense okay roll that up

Eryk: really she should see how well she tied it first

Eryk: to do that roll a CMB check

Khalil: (why tie it at all? all your need to do is wrap it around and hold on)

Taragnor: Wel I figure she’d just take 10 on that

Khalil: (its 20 ft, not cliffhanger)

Baelis: (T, i think i actually hit that crab .. because i still had the small crab highlighted from earlier it went to 3 range increments instead of 2)

Eryk: well she said she did

Taragnor: Is 100 ft 2 range increments for you?

Baelis: (with steady aim yeah)

Baelis: (gives me +10ft)

Taragnor: okay. heh.. alright I’ll apply the damage.

Taragnor: oh hmm hold on I gotta heal it first it never gave it its full hp…

Giant Crab 1
<html><body style=“Status:” /> -8 hitpoints!

Keltan: lol I hope it doesn’t actually have 1,000 HP

Taragnor: lol no.

Taragnor: I just dd that so it’d be at full

Baelis: (GET THAT DAMN ROPE DOWN HERE !!!! :P)

Taragnor: It’d be pretty awesome if it had 1000 hp

Though Baelis shot barely seems to scratch this monstrosity….

Keltan: That’d be like a 4e monster

Khalil: (sounds exactly like the type of monster T would give us) Khalil: (its going to blur ina s econd as well)

Keltan: Yeah, giant crab with fucking Blur

And gimme an escape artist check for Sabe, alternately I’ll let her use a CMB check if she’s not equipped with that. Well consider it like escaping a grapple.

Sab’e of the Lash: Sab’e of the Lash — Escape Artist Check: 14

Sab’e of the Lash: Blehhh sorry lol

What’s Sabe’s CMB? I’ll say it was tied at CMB +10

Khalil: (14 is fine, its dc 10 no?)

Well she is a bondage cleric, so I figure she went a little bit on the tight side…

Keltan: it shouldn’t be that high of a DC to undo your own knot…

Eryk: Have you ever tried untighing and knot in you shoes?

Also I didn’t mention this to Ketan before but when he picked up the dark elf the sme silver shimmer effect that happened when he otuched Sabe happens again between the two fo them…

Sefiros has connected.

Between the dark elf and Keltan that is.

Keltan:

It doesn’t continues as he carries her, oly happening once.

What’s your CMB Sachi?

Keltan: This is supposed to be high fantasy, we aren’t supposed to fiddling with knots in the middle of combat lol

Sab’e of the Lash: 1?

Eryk: (You can look at her CMB yourself T in leu of response.))

Well I mean you’re trying to undo a complex harness in 6 seconds

That’s pretty hard lol

Khalil: (how complex could it be?_ Khalil: (if she can make a complex harness, she can unmake it)

Yeah okay so she could get it untie dthen.

Eryk has received initiative.

*****Start of Eryk’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Cut rope and lower back down.

Eryk: have you seen her hentai knots?

Keltan: Seriously, you always have to make this shit so ridiculously complicated

Khalil: (I might not be able to untie someone elses knot, but I can damn well do my own)

Sab’e of the Lash: lol

  • Eryk pulls his blade free and gives the rope a good slice about a foot from Sab’e so that he can toss it back down.

Eryk low3ers the rope again.

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

I’m pretty sure you probably want to abort that heh.

Unless youw ant to leap down off the cliff to engage.

  • Khalil gives Eryk a withering look letting him know he is buying him more rope and then turns and takes aim at the crab
Khalil: (working out range incrememnts 1 second)

Sefiros: ok well lets see if i can get something done with a BSOD

Sefiros: i hope this shit works

Sefiros: i made a warlord for those who wanted to know

Oh weird crabs regular AC is fucked up lemme fix that as well

Keltan: No, that’s fine

Keltan: That’s a good number

Sefiros: what about Tabs crabs?

Sefiros: that should count as a swarm for sure

Giant Crab 1:

Giant Crab 1:

Keltan: No, that’s a terrible number

Keltan: Very bad

Sefiros: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/athfwiki/images/b/b0/Athfepunremarkablevoyage.png/revision/latest?cb=20080406212909

Sefiros: tab

Sefiros: and his giant crabs

Sab’e of the Lash: Bahahaha

Keltan: I curse you with BSOD

Keltan: Oh wait

Keltan: =P

Sefiros: yeah im already afflicted

Sefiros: dont think they stack

Sab’e of the Lash: They get close to ya, just hit ’em with the shampoo

  • Khalil adjusts for the distance aims up and fires hoping for the best

Taragnor: sorry we were caluclating Khalils range increment

Sefiros: http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Hit_2e2633_252005.jpg

Sefiros: indeed

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Baelis
Musket (Steady Aim)
Standard Attack Hit AC: 20 Damage: 6

Taragnor: heh well you didn’t declare anything.

Taragnor: So you’re actually just going full defense.

Taragnor: Since you were doing the default :P

Baelis: (I declared as you clicked end turn on tab)

Taragnor: well it didn’t go through in time apparently. :P

*****Start of Giant Crab 1’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Taragnor: be faster next time.

Taragnor: lol

Keltan: Man that is total bullshit

Keltan: He’s actually here and you aren’t letting him do his action

Taragnor: Well you can declare whenever you want.

Keltan: I thought this shit was for when we aren’t here =P

Baelis: (I’m reloading then .. too bad :P)

Taragnor: The whole point of the declare system is that you gotta decide before you come up

Keltan: lol geez

Baelis: (there :P)

The crab approaches, its massive claws just barely out of range of baelis…

one of them snaps eagerly at him missing by only a few feet….

Sab’e of the Lash has received initiative.

*****Start of Sab’e of the Lash’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Ready – if The rope is tied to the lady then Other Action – Help her up

Eryk has received initiative.

*****Start of Eryk’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Pull up allies when ready.

Sefiros: can you give me the eye of dunc

Taragnor: okay two readied actions there…

Well I’ll do better Sef.. I’ll put you on the map…

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Eryk: “Get your asses over here so I can pull you up!”

  • Eryk braces and prepares to haul up those on the rope as soon as they are ready.
  • Khalil draws another arrow and fires down on the crab

I can be ncie and say Sef’s character starts to regain consciousness actually…

Since Sef’s here for now.

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Baelis
Musket
Standard Attack Hit AC: 23 Damage: 3

Taragnor: Well you got 16 strength and Sabe is helping you

Taragnor: so I’m not gonna cal for a check to pull up the rope

Taragnor: I mean you can get her up for your round with help.

Eryk: ok

Taragnor: Since she’s not that heavy.

Giant Crab 1
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Khalil
Shortbow
Attack 1 Hit AC: 13 Damage: 12

Khalil: Khalil: (from heights if it helps)

The bow fires down on the crab’s thick carapace but the arrow doens’t penetrate the heavy armor. It’d add +1 for high ground but 14 still misses

Khalil: (how did i do 12…)

Keltan has received initiative.

*****Start of Keltan’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Full Defense

Khalil: (something is very wrong here)

Taragnor: lol yeah that macro seems screwed up bad.

Keltan: “Hurry and get up the cliff, I’ll hold it off.”

Khalil: Khalil: (T can you look at it, i got nothing)

Taragnor: yeah lemme cehck it…

Sab’e of the Lash has received initiative.

*****Start of Sab’e of the Lash’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Default Action

Eryk has received initiative.

*****Start of Eryk’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Default Action

Baelis: (is the rope back down, or not yet ?)

Eryk: ((I can help withthe macro but will need ownership and true values))

Keltan: (Well nobody spent an action to lower it apparently…)

Sab’e of the Lash: (I still wanna help her up if I can)

Khalil: (want me to just roll d6 for the damage?)

Sab’e of the Lash: (I didn’t realize I’d have to declare it every time, lol)

Eryk: We in the process of bringing th lady up

Keltan: (Yeah T is being uber nazi DM and wanting you to always declare everything)

Keltan: (Otherwise it defaults to you doing nothing because hurrrr durrrr)

  • Eryk reaches out a hand to grab the lady and tosses the rope back down.

Well you got her up with your readied, she’s shes up. but for now I’ll give you credit to toss ther ope down, (but normally you’d have to declare that)

Eryk: sorry thought he macrto would hold my last action

Buit we’re all getting used to the new system.

Baelis has received initiative.

*****Start of Baelis’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Reload and attack crab

Baelis: (Now we cant change our actions can we, just declared or default ?)

Keltan: You can change it up to your turn

Keltan: But on your turn no

Taragnor: Right.

Taragnor: Anytime before your turn, you can declare ebasically as many times as you want.

Taragnor: ANd change it around

  • Baelis reloads his musket and fires on the crab yet again

Taragnor: but on your tunr, you can either abort or do what you said you’d do.

<html><body style=“Status:” /> -5 hitpoints!

Another msuket ball hit sthe behemoth but hardly slows it down…

*****Start of Giant Crab 1’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Keltan: Where’s that 45 point crit when we need it

Eryk declares Other Action – Haul up next ally on the rope.

Sab’e of the Lash: (Ok, so is Drizzia up on the cliffs with us now?)

Your common sense is telling you a tactical retreat would be best here..

Keltan: (Yeah she is)

And Drizzia is up on the cliff, the rope is curently down… but nobody seems to be grabbing it yet.

Baelis: (yeah i would have but i couldnt change my action .. bah !)

Keltan: (So declare it now lol)

If you got dcent climb scores remember you could try to just climb the rope or free climb the cliff.

Keltan: (Keltan is waiting for you to get your ass up the cliff)

The crab goes for Keltan…

Baelis: (Ok T i’m going to climb, just working out the macro to use)

Keltan: I got full defense up, whatever that adds to it

Giant Crab 1:

Baelis: (See that .. declared climb !!!)

Taragnor: actualyl I don’t see what you declare

Taragnor: till your turn comes up

Taragnor: :)

Baelis: (yeah i’m telling you now cause i’m still working the system out hehe)

Keltan: Just choose Other Action on the drop down and type in “Climb Rope”

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Giant Crab 1:

  • Keltan holds the crab off easily

Taragnor: shit it didn’t display that actually.

Taragnor: but I guess it missed.

Keltan: Yeah it rolled 15 and 12 to hit

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

  • Khalil draws another arrow and fires

Khalil pelts the crab from above…

Khalil: (you want to check out the macro now T?)

oh right okay don’t roll it yet.

Eryk: ((Make sure manufactured is selected and primary))

Eryk: those are the major mistakes mnost make

Khalil: (at the time of the roll I know it had nat weapon 1 for some odd reason and range increment of 10) Khalil: (I changed them up)

Taragnor: weird…. I’m not seeing anything wrong with it.

Khalil: (previously it had melee selected and not ranged) Khalil: (let me give it a whirl see if it does anything weird then)

Taragnor: ah.

Taragnor: Well that would add your strength mod I think

Taragnor: Still not sure how it could do 12 damage

Eryk: ((i can look at it if you want after encounter))

Taragnor: Unless it scored a critical.

Keltan: Or you got SA in there

Taragnor: oh right

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Khalil
Shortbow
Attack 1 Hit AC: 15 Damage: 6

Khalil:

Taragnor: Tha’ts the only way I could imagine you’d be doing 11 and 12 damage if it’s doing 2d6 instead of 1d6.

Khalil: (yep you were right)

Taragnor: okay well that mystery is solved. heh.

Khalil: (it was set to 1d6) Khalil: (asnd i keept targetting myself )

Taragnor: Yeah for next session I’m gonna tweak the macros to show more of what’s selected.

Taragnor: Since I kinda hate how it doesn’t list the modifiers.

Khalil: (ok done i think i missed)

Keltan has received initiative.

*****Start of Keltan’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Total Defense

Sab’e of the Lash has received initiative.

*****Start of Sab’e of the Lash’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Ready – if Someone grabs the rope then Other Action – 0

Keltan: “Get up the rope! Go!”

  • Keltan yells at Baelis as he holds his ground

Taragnor: I assume that’s supposed to be pulling them up.

Sab’e of the Lash: I meant to say “help them up”

Eryk has received initiative.

Eryk: ((it does if you mouse over the macro, it gives full detail on the roll by holding over the attack))

*****Start of Eryk’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Haul up next ally on the rope.

  • Eryk reaches out a hand to grab the lady and tosses the rope back down.

Taragnor: It does? I tried mouse overing the roll, didn’t seem to show anything

Taragnor: oh

Taragnor: you mouse over the attack word

Keltan: It just shows a bunch of gobbledygook if I try that

Taragnor: well taht’s handy G. heh.

Taragnor: I see it.

Eryk: ((arne’t you glad i’m around, lol i get extra XP right??))

Taragnor: You gotta cactually hover over the attack not the number.

Taragnor: lol .

Keltan: Heh it still doesn’t show me anything, though that might be because it’s the crab

Taragnor: Don’t worry I’ll return the favor by pointing out Sef’s cheese in GURPS :P

Baelis has received initiative.

*****Start of Baelis’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Climb Rope

  • Baelis slings his musket over his shoulder and tries to climb up the rope.

Eryk: lol

Taragnor: yeah do it over Khalils attacjk it should do it

Baelis grabs the rope and the others can haul you up anyway cause they were waiting.

Eryk: it shows for GM and the player who rolled it

So they pull you to safety don’t even need a cluimb check

cause you’ve got two guys pulling on the rope.

Keltan: Yeah it won’t show me other peoples’ rolls

You just need to hold on,, which hopefully you can… unless you have like 6 strength.

*****Start of Giant Crab 1’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

  • Eryk drops the rope as he gets to the top, next round

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Miss with Total Defense

Taragnor: yep.

  • Keltan narrowly avoids the crab claw, ducking out of the way just in time

Eryk declares Other Action – Drop rope when ally reaches top and prepare to haul up the next.

Keltan holds the crab off… oddly enough he can see a biit of a red shimmer in the crabs attacks as it striikes his blade and he parries a few of its claw attacks.

It seems its enchanted like the others…

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Though it hasn’t blurred like the others did.

Taragnor: btw make sure you track how much ammo you’re firing.

Taragnor: Especially Dunc, cause oyur shit is expensive.

Baelis: (yeah i have been)

Taragnor: But the archers too :P

Baelis: (I cringe every time i shoot hehe)

Keltan: lol

Taragnor: But you check it twice!

Khalil: (I am I am)

Taragnor: we’re going to be tracking rations/ammo early on in this campaign anyway.

Taragnor: while you’re low level and such.

Eryk: ((that why i wanted to eat some crab, lol))

okay… so Khalil you can make your attack.. and Keltan goes after you.. so I’m gonna go to him, since you won’t kil it with one shot anyway.

Keltan has received initiative.

*****Start of Keltan’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Total Defense

Keltan continues to defend himself…

Sab’e of the Lash has received initiative.

*****Start of Sab’e of the Lash’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Ready – if An ally grabs the rope then Other Action – Help pull them up

I assume Sabe is going to relower the rope first heh… she can kick it off then ready.

Eryk has received initiative.

*****Start of Eryk’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Drop rope when ally reaches top and prepare to haul up the next.

Baelis has received initiative.

*****Start of Baelis’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

  • Eryk braces and prepares to haul up those on the rope as soon as they are ready.

Okay both those readying… three readying.

*****Start of Giant Crab 1’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Keltan: Miss for Total Defense again

And wow Keltan survives yet another round… uncanny…

Keltan: Is the rope back down yet?

In its tiny brain, the crab is cursing your aptitude at defense.

Yeah rope is down.

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Default Action

  • Khalil fires down again

<html><body style=“Status:” />

Khalil still hasn’t rolled heh… so he had that shot from befoer he declared.

Khalil:

Keltan has received initiative.

*****Start of Keltan’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Grab Rope

  • Keltan steps back and grabs the rope

I’ll say you can withdraw if you want as your action so no AoO

And let them pull you

Keltan: Yeah

The groups combined might pulls Kletan to safety.

As you reach the top of the cliffs…

Away form the grasp of the crab…

Eryk: “about damn time!”

  • Keltan laughs heartily as he reaches the top of the cliff

Keltan: “Now that was a thrill!”

  • Baelis looks to the others for a second “Thanks, that was too close.”

Eryk: “I thought you were going to try to be a hero or something.”

Keltan: “I considered it briefly, but decided it would be better to escape for now.”

Keltan: “Though I could have left sooner if our friend here hadn’t tarried.”

Sab’e of the Lash: “Mmm, I would have really enjoyed treating your injuries…~”

  • Keltan claps Baelis on the back

The crab fortunately doens’t seem particualrly good at climbing and is stuck down there.. despite flailing its claws up in your direction.

  • Khalil gathes up the rope and puts it back in his pack

Baelis: “I guess i got carried away”

Also as Keltan slaps Baelis on the back you both notice that silver shimmer pulse thorugh you both.

Keltan: “Ah, there it is again.”

Eryk: ((minus about 4 feet))

Keltan: “Rather strange, that.”

  • Baelis blinks “What the hell was that….”

Keltan: “Seems we are all bound by that silver shimmer. I saw it when the crab first moved up to me as well.”

  • Baelis looks at Keltan like he’s a bit crazy..

Sefiros: (anyone take hero class, if so what combo?)

Eryk: ((did the same shimmer happen when grasping people to help up cliff?))

Yeah

It seems everyitme you touch someone it creates that shimmer.

Eryk: ((me, that is classified and I’ll have to kill you ;) ))

  • Khalil slings his pack over one shoulder for easy dropping then slowly heads out towards the building
  • Baelis reaches out and taps Keltan on the shoulder to see if it happens again

Eryk: ((Fighter/Rogue))

It doesn’t seem to happen when you touch him a second time…

  • Baelis goes around to see who it works on

Eryk: “Hold up Khalil. Let’s see who this dark lady is.”

Eryk: “What s your name and why were you buried in the sand.”

  • Khalil moves about 30 ft out and then stops and waits crouching down watching the distance

Keltan: “One of our companions, I wager. The same shimmer happened when I picked her up.”

The dark lady is barely conscious… you do remember her face from the ship that brought you…. maybe… it’s really tough to say.. a dark elf on a ship like that, seems so far fetched….

But in your mmeory… you do think it seems somewhat plausible…

Baelis: “Ok this is damned insane, shimmers and magic crabs, what the hell we gotten into here..”

Baelis expirements moving over to each of the others, each one you touch seems to generate the shimmer.

Sab’e of the Lash: “Mmm~”

Eryk: Do the amulets respond any to the shimmer?

Eryk: and can we remove them?

Keltan: Does the Drizzia have an amulet too?

The amulets sort of accept the shiummering pulse which goes through your equipment too, but you can’t realyl see the amulets as being the source.

Keltan: Or whatever her name is, lol

And yes Drizzia has an amulet as well

You want to try to remove the amulet?

Keltan: “Ah, further proof. She bears the same amulet as we.”

Eryk: i just want to know if it has a clasp or chain long enough to slip off

Keltan: (I have a feeling removing the amulet is incredibly bad)

Sefiros: well no BSOD yet knock on wood

  • Baelis doesnt remember having an amulet and tries to take it off

It has a chain you could potentially remove. It’s not secured on there supoer tight.

Baelis: (I’ll take the bullet :P)

If you wanted to try to remove it you coudl try doing that.

Baelis: “Now what are these..”

Baelis reaches down and takes off the amulet… lifting the strange Green Stone medallion off his neck…

  • Eryk will try to see if the amulet spils over his head

Baelis: (Basically trying to take it off to have a look at it)

Eryk: slips

It has a chain made from iron… attached to the circular translucent emerald green stone…

Eryk took takes off his amulet.

Keltan: Do I seem to remember anything about these amulets?

Btw mark the amulets on your inventory on your char sheet, unless you watn tot ry to drop them.,

Baelis: (Yeah that was one of the 5 things you remembered right Tab ?)

No ytou have no recollection of the amulet… you never owned this.. you don’t think its yours…

Baelis: (Exactly what the amulets are for)

Keltan: lol

Eryk: “Touch me now.” as he puts it in his pocket

Heh nice try, but no you can’t pick that :P

Keltan: Yeah I need to get around to choosing those at some point

  • Baelis taps Eryk on the shoulder again (Assuming it wont do anything)

Baelis: (We both wink out of existance, new char time)

Baelis finds that the shimmer occurs between him and Eryk… as it did with the others…

Eryk: “Hmm, well it doesn’t seem to be the amulets doign that.”

Sab’e of the Lash: “Mm… It’s a shame that it obscures my holy symbol at times…”

It doens’t seem changed by not wearing the amulet.

Baelis: “Well surely there is a reason that we all have one..”

  • Baelis puts the amulet back on for now

Eryk: “Here let me arrange those for you.” as he reaches for where they rest in her cleavage to adjust their location.

Okay you put the amulet back on.

  • Ilthyrin clutches her temples like she has a head ache, as she looks around a bit confused, kneeling in the sand.

hehe… as Eryk touches Sabe, the silve shimmer reacts within each of them…

Ilthyrin: The dark elf looks to each of her companions but says nothing, as if scrutinizing them quietly.

  • Khalil looks back at all of you and makes the circular motion with his hands again to hurry up
  • Eryk puts his amulet back on.

Okay Eryk puts his amulet back on (so all of you are wearing themonce again)

Eryk: “Well Khalil is getting impatient, we better move this party along.”

Keltan: “Is that what those hand motions of his mean?”

Keltan: “Do you not speak?”

  • Ilthyrin speaks in Drow what appears to perhaps by two words of sylabells.
  • Sab’e of the Lash grins at Eryk.

Eryk: ((oh actually i would not have said his name if he never told us…))

  • Ilthyrin then moves her hands as if signing.

Sab’e of the Lash: “Miss? Do you speak Common…?”

Khalil: (unless you remembered it!)

Keltan: lol

Khalil: (5 things!)

Taragnor: hehe… well you can’t pick any of your 5 things that relate to the current mission.

  • Khalil keeps low and moves slowly heading towards the building
  • Ilthyrin stares at Sab’e but doesn’t respond, her head tilts at bit in a curious fashion studying.
Khalil: (maybe it doesnt relate!)

Taragnor: All your 5 things basically are about your home life, it’s plot material when you remmeber stuff about your voyage and such.

Khalil: (he could know me before the mission if he wanted lol)

Eryk: ((will call him “Silence”))

Taragnor: Though potentially i ugess you could remember knowing each other befor ethe mission

Taragnor: yeah.

Eryk: “Well Silence is getting impatient, we better move this party along.”

  • Ilthyrin looks over to Eryk.

Eryk: ((eryk is a bit of a jokester but not too couth

  • Keltan offers Ilthyrin a hand to help her up
  • Eryk notices the glance???

Keltan: (he’s a huge towering mountain of a man, totally dwarfs the puny elf types =P)

  • Ilthyrin looks at his hand a bit skeptically, and gets to her feet on her own.

The silver glimmer once again cccurs this time between Keltan and Illthyrin.

Eryk: Elvesare actually tall in PF

Khalil: (6’3" over here, bring it tab!)
  • Ilthyrin pushes his hand away politely and shakes her head “no”

Keltan: “Ah, well at least I don’t have to help you up a second time.”

Keltan: (6’4" lol)

Eryk: but not THAT tall

Taragnor: oh are they? that’s different from regular 3E where they’re shorter.

Taragnor: DIdn’t realize they made them more Tolkienesque in PF.

Eryk: yep

Taragnor: good ot know

Ilthyrin: drow appear short stil from a quickj glance

Eryk: of course it could be those ears that make them tall, lol

Ilthyrin: Female 5 ft. 4 in. +2d8 in. (5 ft. 6 in. – 6 ft. 8 in.) 110 lbs. +(2d8×5 lbs.) (120 – 190 lbs.)

Ilthyrin: well by elf standards i think

Also from touching vairous people I’m gohna give Baelis an a wisdom or int check (whichever is higher)

Ilthyrin: dunno exactly how tall the PF ones are

Keltan: lol wow, 6’8" elves would be insane

Ilthyrin: yeah thats if you rolled 2 8s

Baelis: Baelis — Wisdom Check: 12

Sab’e of the Lash: “Mm… Maybe if I make myself vulnerable to her she’ll trust us more.”

Ilthyrin: either way shes on the short end of the spectrum

Ilthyrin: asian woman height or such

Eryk: did i notice her looking at me?

Baelis notices that the person he last touched and experienced the shimmer seems to be somehow “more real” to him…

But when he touches another person, that effect transfers to the last person he touched…

Keltan: This sounds so like a Void effect

Khalil: (ive seen this before! we are on the island from lost) Khalil: (black smoke inc)

Taragnor: hehe, yeah I told you there’d be some mind affecting effects.

Ilthyrin: just hope tor’zakarum dont have a fortress here

Taragnor: And by that I mean mindfuckery.

  • Baelis tests this out a couple of times, then mentions it to the others.

Taragnor: Suddenly, rahndom encounter: It’s a polar bear!

Keltan: I don’t remember anything about mindfuckery

Taragnor: (joking)(

Khalil: (I dont either)

Keltan: lol

Khalil: (but its kinda implied)

Baelis: “Anyone got any ideas ? I know about gunpowder, not damned shimmers..”

Keltan: One of my five things is I remember the nature and location of each of the Four!

Khalil: (along with being able to trust 0 people, monsters that are far too hard for us, and situations that apply 0 logic)

Ilthyrin: (wheres the sun in the sky? ie time roughly)

Keltan: (And is it still there)

Baelis finds that the shimmer only occurs once between two people until you touch someone else, then it resets to that other person…

The sun is high in the sky.. you’d guess probably a little after noontime.

Eryk: ""That is interesting Baelis, though it means nothing to me."

It’s a warm day…

Keltan: “Strange…”

  • Ilthyrin pulls her hood over her head, despite the heat.
  • Keltan tries to remember whatever he can about emerald medallions and strange silver shimmers

Keltan: Keltan — Knowledge (history) Check: 26

Eryk: “Did you want to tell me something lady?”, speaking to the dark elf.

Keltan: Keltan — Knowledge (arcana) Check: 18

  • Ilthyrin glances at Eryk, and then quickly tries to pretend she didn’t.

You can’t really recall much historically about this… at least not your history.. but maybe the libraries in this place have some more information, assuming there are libraries and you survive long enough to get there.

Khalil: (you actually took knowledge history with amnesia? :P)

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check: 11
Note: +1 vs Traps

Keltan: (It’s a class skill lol)

Khalil: (just saying lol)

Ilthyrin: flashbacks skill

Keltan: lol yeah

Keltan: I make a flashback check

Keltan: “Well, I suppose we should see what lies beyond this little slice of turf.”

Keltan: “And perhaps get out of the sun for a bit.”

  • Keltan is rather well-spoken despite being a huge burly warrior type
  • Khalil is still getting further away towards the house
  • Baelis nods and looks around for anything that stands out.
  • Keltan starts off after Khalil
  • Eryk eyes the elf for a moment, not sure what to make of her, then shrugs it off. Something about her is intriguing."

Okay you head towards the stone structure in the distance…

  • Eryk moves up to follow Khalil
  • Baelis makes sure his musket is loaded and follows after the others, still keeping an eye out for anything interesting or dangers etc

Taragnor: Token Move: Click this link to move Eryk to Beach Structure (3,6)

You say to the GMs: Moved Token “Eryk” to map “Beach Structure”.

Eryk: no vision T

The structure is two stories and stone… laying outside the door is what looks to be the broken remains of a heavy silver chain.. that seems to have been fragmented into many links…

Eryk: thanks

Sab’e of the Lash: “Mm, some of us seem to be hurt… Let me help.”

Keltan: (Actual silver silver chain?)

Baelis: (Does anything seem like its of similar design to the amulets we got ?)

And there’s a set of heavy metal doors…. iron doors near the entrance… inscribed on the front of the doors are what looks like the symbol of a pair of chain links linked together. you can guess that the silver chain was hung above the doors but was seemingly knocked down…

Eryk: the cfhain like one used to suport something big like a gate or a pull chain for a bell?

Sefiros is disconnected.

The silver chain is big, not like an amulet chain, but more like a pretty heavy chain you’d use for restraining someone or a weapon.

  • Eryk goes to inspect the chain fragments….

Each link probably about the size of your cleric’s spiked chain links.

Eryk: how long/heavy would the broken links be?

Eryk approachesnear the door examining the links… it seems that care was made to smash them apart… a deliberaetly destructive action… they do appear to be made of actual silver though, and could be worth something

Keltan: Time to get a fire going and set up the smelter

Though not that much, maybe about 150 silve coins worth of chain in there.

  • Khalil slowly moves up next to the door
  • Eryk pockets the links in his backpack…. “These could be useful later if we find out what they are for.”

Eryk: Eryk — Bluff Check: 19

Taragnor: lol.

Keltan: Keltan — Sense Motive Check: 16

Keltan: (Sachi you need to heal yourself some)

Khalil: Khalil — Sense Motive Check: 24 Khalil: (:P)

Had Sabe picked up the chain you miguht have suspected there to be some hidden nefarious purpose to it… but you seem to trust Eryk… well excpet for Khalil, he doesn’t trust anyone.

Keltan: (Too bad the only one to see through him is the mute, lol)

Eryk: Khalil realized there is a hint of admiration in Eryk’s voice…

Sefiros has connected.

  • Khalil sneaks up next to the door and puts his pack down and rests his bow against the wall examining the door

The door is a heavy iron with a pair of handles one could grab to open it… it seems to have some dents in it though, as it if twas struck by a large hammer ,though not pwoerful enough blows to break it only bend it here and there….

  • Eryk walks up to Khalil, careful not to distrurb him.

Eryk: “So what you make of this?”

The center of each door has a syymbol of two joined chain links… which seems to hold some significance. You’re unsure if it’s locked.

Keltan: (What’s the general environment? Rolling fields? Blasted hellscape?)

  • Khalil shakes his head and checks along the joins (is there any way to open the door)

It’s a dirt plain, with only a few patches of dried grass.

Not exactly ominous, but not much vegitation.

There’s still insects buzzinga round you and being annoying.

Sab’e of the Lash: “Everyone keep still a moment…”

Eryk: so like a desert?

Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna use a channel to heal us up some

Sab’e of the Lash:
Channeled 1 energy vs. the Living in a 30 foot burst. Will save DC 12 for half damage.
Heal: 1 Damage: 1 Half Damage: 0
You have 3 channelings left today.
Beings in the 30 foot burst: Baelis, Eryk, Keltan, Khalil

Well not sandy like a desert, it’s basically just some dry dirt… but likely not very good for growing anything.

Sab’e of the Lash: hurr

Keltan: lol well 1 is better than none

Sab’e of the Lash: My cha mod is +1 so make that 2

Eryk: “So Silence, do you know how to check for traps and such?”

Keltan
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Gained 2 hitpoints! 11 of 15+0 hitpoints remain…

Sab’e of the Lash
<html><body style=“Status:”>?

Nope the tracks just went from the entrance that you came through to the hole.

Keltan: No they went to the hole in the corner

Keltan: Where Khalil is

Eryk: i thought you said from hole to the doors

Yeah to the double doors you entered the building from

Keltan: He only meant to the doors we entered from

Eryk: oh ok

  • Keltan steps into the room to take a closer look, trying to hold his nose a little
  • Eryk closes the doors…

Keltan: lol or not

Eryk: “We can come back here.”

Taragnor: lol be funny if he lcoked you in.

Keltan: “No inclination to explore the rat privvy?”

Eryk: “We should take care to make sure the area is safe and we do not get attacked from behind.”

You close the door with an audible ‘CLICK

  • Keltan steps back

Eryk: “The tracks do not indicate that they go into that room for some reason.”

Keltan: “The smell certainly does.”

Keltan: “They’re getting in somehow.”

Eryk: “Maybe there is a trap or something?”

  • Keltan shrugs

Keltan: “Rat dung seems like a strange thing to bait a trap with.”

Eryk: “We should follow their route.”

  • Eryk quickly checks the other smaller door.

The hole is pretty small at least for a medium sized creature to fiit thorugh… you’d have to go one at a time if you went down.

Keltan: “Do we even want to encounter them? I’m not certain we came all this way to look for rat people.”

Eryk: does it enlarge as you enter?

That door seems to be in a bad state of disrepair.. it’s barely hanging on its hinges.. and you doubt it’s trapped…

Well it goes into a basement room form the look of it

Sab’e of the Lash: “Well, if they prove to be hostile and attack us in our sleep, that wouldn’t be good. Though I rather hope they’re friendly.”

It’s just that fitting through the hole in the floor is kind of tight for a human especially one in armor.

Eryk: “not the door, but as you enter the room there could be something, or it could be nothing.”

  • Khalil points to the door near the hole
  • Eryk quickly checks the other smaller door.

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check: 23
Note: +1 vs Traps

you’re pretty sure it’s not trapped, it’s practically falling apart.

The door swings open revealing an old storage room… though it seems a lot of effort was made to smash it…

Eryk: “Its just an old strage room.”

  • Eryk scrounges for anythign useful in the remains.

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check: 22
Note: +1 vs Traps

Khalil: (how far down is the drop in the hole?)

You search thorugh the area and you do find something of note… it’s a broken medallion like the ones you were wearing originally…. but this one is broken in half…

  • Eryk pockets it out of curiosity.

There’s also a few of what you guess were weapon racks with some broken peice sof weaponry.. though of little use…

Eryk: “Down the hole?”

Keltan: “You don’t wish to explore the altar room?”

Keltan: “I think I saw a door in one of the corners as well.”

Eryk: “We can if you desire. But we should be wary .”

Baelis: “We should probably check the altar room first,.”

Also you do find a few scattered links of silver chain similar to the chain you found outside..

Sefiros is disconnected.

  • Eryk pockets those as well with the rest.

Keltan: “I think it bears a look at least.”

The door makes a loud ‘SQUEEEEEK’ noise when you open the door

Okay make a note of that on your char sheet.

  • Khalil looks worried at the hole in the floor but moves over to the door with the others

Keltan: “Keep an eye on the rear, Baelis, since our friends seem so worried about it.”

  • Eryk inspects VERY carefully for any traps set at the entrance to the room.
  • Baelis nods and keeps an eye on the hole and the main entry doors

Taragnor: heh you want to take 20 at the entrance there?

Eryk: if i can

Keltan: lol I walked in earlier and nothing happened

Taragnor: sure I mean it’ll take a few minutes of sitting around but.. you can do it.

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check (Take 20): 26
Note: +1 vs Traps

You search and are pretty satisfied there’s no trap in either of the four tiles near the entrance to the door..

Seems safe enough… for now….

Eryk: ok, here we go

Eryk: me continues to scan the area as he enters.

  • Keltan steps into the room fearlessly

Eryk: ok, here we go/

Keltan: “Yes, see, a door over here.”

  • Khalil moves in at the ready

The room does smell strongly of rat dung, and a bit of brimstone, at least that Keltan’s nose can pick up… you can actually make out a few piles of dung… from a rather large rat…

Keltan: “There’s a strange hint of brimstone I can pick up… Not sure what that’s from.”

YOu’d ugess it’s probably about the size of a large dog..

  • Eryk moves to inspect the dias.

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check: 12
Note: +1 vs Traps

Eryk: and the inscription

You inspect the dais… checking it for traps, though odn’t find any.. the altar is covered in stone apparently broken bits of the inscribed stone tiles along the back wall…

Eryk: can they be pieced together?

They did have some writing on them and a few of them remain, they bear writing and pictures…

You could try with time to peice some of them together…

Eryk: estimatation of time needed?

heh probably take liike an hour or so…

Sab’e of the Lash: “I wonder who worshipped here… I don’t see any restraints or torture devices…”

  • Eryk makes mental note to return later
  • Eryk then moves to the door….

Also make a stealth check for Khalil since he’s got some room to hide here, I’ll kepe that check basically until something has a hshot of spotting him

  • Khalil looks at Sab in disbelief then shakes his head, that woman comes near him she takes a knife.

Keltan: (She’d like that)

You could try to read some of the intact inscriptions.. though it seems to be in a rather obscure language… though you can look at the pictures.. or who knows maybe you speak it.

Khalil: Khalil — Stealth Check: 25

Not sure if you picked all your languages.

Eryk: i only know common

Keltan: Can that be one of our five things? lol

Eryk: ((i don;t think they can be of mechanical benefit))

Okay so you don’t want to try to examine the carvings at all and going to continue to the door?

Sab’e of the Lash: (My int modifier is 0 so I dont’ think I have extra ones)

  • Eryk goes to the door to check o=it out

Keltan: (You get extra ones from ranks in the Linguistics skill)

Keltan: (It isn’t tied to Int mod any more)

Taragnor: oh really? didn’t even know taht

Keltan: Yeah heh

Taragnor: heh.

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check: 25
Note: +1 vs Traps

Eryk: yeah one language per rank

Taragnor: yeah this is actually my first time GMing patfinder. so I’m not 100% on the intricacies.

The door down there looks like an old wooden door.. loks relatively undamaged, and no traps 9as far as you can tell…

Eryk: “A hallway.”

So Baelis and Sabe are staying back in the opening room?

Or you guys following?

  • Eryk checks the next door.

Eryk: Eryk — Perception Check: 13
Note: +1 vs Traps

  • Keltan follows after Eryk

Okay you examine that door and it seems safe enough… btw are the other two of you gonna stay back

Hold up a second want to see if they’re coming with or not

  • Baelis follows with Sabe (assuming she is)

Eryk: ok

Sab’e of the Lash: I’m gonna follow!

Eryk: they should be.. Eryk was waiting for them to join.. but also asking to hold backa little with lights

okay.. Khalil going too?

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE door

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE doorKhalil: (found it)

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE doorKhalil: (found it)You are standing too far away from the switch to operate it

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE doorKhalil: (found it)You are standing too far away from the switch to operate itThe door makes a loud ‘SQUEEEEEK’ noise when you open the door

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE doorKhalil: (found it)You are standing too far away from the switch to operate itThe door makes a loud ‘SQUEEEEEK’ noise when you open the doorSefiros has connected.

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE doorKhalil: (found it)You are standing too far away from the switch to operate itThe door makes a loud ‘SQUEEEEEK’ noise when you open the doorSefiros has connected.Sabe can see that there’s only a couple pictographical inscriptions… one of them seems to depict a figure with some kind of aura around him touchiing another figure with an aura of sorts, and it seems to suggest something passing form one to the other.

okay.. Khalil going too?Sab’e of the Lash: I wanna check out those fragments and see if I can figure out what kind of temple this was…Khalil: (where am i going?)Eryk: SE doorKhalil: (found it)You are standing too far away from the switch to operate itThe door makes a loud ‘SQUEEEEEK’ noise when you open the doorSefiros has connected.Sabe can see that there’s only a couple pictographical inscriptions… one of them seems to depict a figure with some kind of aura around him touchiing another figure with an aura of sorts, and it seems to suggest something passing form one to the other.Sefiros is disconnected.

okay… stop for a second…

Eryk: “Stairs going up…..”

Sabe gimme a perceitpn check

Keltan: You open the door and a Banshee appears

Keltan: “So it seems the choice is up or down then.”

Actually nm.. you got suerprisd no way you can beat that anywa.y…

Surprise round begins as suddenly something leaps to attack Sabe fromb ehind.. going for her throat…

Sefiros has connected.

<html><body style=“Status:”>

Eryk: Damit woman, I told you to watch OUR rear, not MY rear."

Fortuantely though,, her armor manages to hold it off… she turns and sees a horrid rat with crimson fur and eyes that seem to glow a biit in the dark…

This is probaly a pretty good place to stop we’ll start with iniativenext time.

Sab’e of the Lash: “Aggh! If you want to play, don’t be so aggressive!”

Keltan: lol

Khalil: (this is a bad place to stop lol) Khalil: (T you have not learnt any of your lessons)

Eryk: Well that was fun… yay i got to play for once!!!

Baelis: (I’m good to do this combat !)

Khalil: (we should never ever stop in combat T)

Taragnor: Well I don’t want to get into another combat, kinda getting late. heh. but if you want we can do this combat then stop afterwards.

Eryk: i’m good too if the rest are

Khalil: (what happens if dunc and I dont wake up next week?) Khalil: (you dont have a playerbase that is consitnetly here at start time) Khalil: (so you cant stop mid combat)

Keltan: I’m good, don’t know about Sachi though

Baelis: (Sachi is good to go ! I believe in her !)

Taragnor: Well I figured I’dg et two choices from people

Khalil: (think sachi already faced her keyboard)

Sefiros: damn so much for knocking on wood

Taragnor: either you can give someone else control fo your character or your character will just kinda avoid the fight or what not.

Taragnor: lol.. yeah I don’t know if Sachi is still with us

Baelis: (She made a comment when you attacked her didnt she)

Sefiros: good ole TWFing with 2 longswords + 2nd lvl = you aint hittin shit lol

Khalil: (neither of those is really acceptable)

Eryk: she tied herself up and can’t type

Sefiros: i have no idea where my token is, so i can edit it

Sefiros: have vision no where, beach nor structure

Taragnor: oh weird

Taragnor: I don’t know why you lost vision Sef

Taragnor: I gave it to you now

Sefiros: ah here we go

Taragnor: Alright well Sachi isn’t here so lets just wait till next time

Sefiros: so what i click to generate on the token?

Taragnor: Since Sef needs to finsih his char too

Eryk declares Weapon Attack on Nearest Enemy

Taragnor: So everyone can roll init then we’ll stop.

Sefiros: well id been done if my compuiter would stop shittign the bed every 10 mins

Eryk: i’ll get my feats finalized and get the sheet to you T, I’ll also put stats on character page on OP

Taragnor: okay cool.

Baelis — APPLYING: Power Attack/Deadly Aim

<html><body style=“Status:” /> Crimson Rat
bite
Attack 1 Hit AC: 6 (fumble) Damage: 13
<html><body style=“Status:”><html><body style=“Status:” /> Crimson Rat
bite
Attack 1 Hit AC: 20 Damage: 10
<html><body style=“Status:”><html><body style=“Status:”>

Khalil: (nice hit)

Taragnor: Also DUnc you should note that while precise shot lets you ignore the -4 for firing inot melee it won’t ignore cover, so make sure you learn those cover rules..

Crimson Rat
<html><body style=“Status:” /> Baelis
Musket
Standard Attack Hit AC: 6 (fumble) Damage: 1

Taragnor: its difficult terrain

Khalil: (am I not in thsi combat?)

Taragnor: Uh.. you should be in this combat

Baelis: (you didnt roll init)

Keltan: (Don’t think you ever rolled init)

Taragnor: I guess you never rolled init

Sefiros is disconnected.

Taragnor: well I’ll put you in at the end of the round…

Khalil: (this macro is doing my head in…)

Taragnor: make sure to declare now though…

Taragnor: so when your turn comes up you’ll have an action though I assume you’re just movingb in

Keltan has received initiative.

*****Start of Keltan’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – Drop torch, draw Greatsword, move next to rat

Khalil has received initiative.

*****Start of Khalil’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Other Action – attack if possible And Move North

Keltan: Sabe’e has +1 to AC thanks to being next to me

  • Khalil moves apparently rather slowly to react for reasons

Taragnor: alright you’ll basically be able to mvoe north, remember the square siwth the triangles are difficult terrain

Keltan: Eryk might get it too, it’s for allies within 10 ft

Taragnor: Do you see the totals I rol for my attacks?

Taragnor: I’m not sure what you see or not.

Keltan: Yeah we see the total

Sab’e of the Lash: He is within 10 ft of you according to the ruler thingy

Khalil: (double move)

Taragnor: okay good

Keltan: Just not the mods

Taragnor: so remind me if it hits or misses with the aura

Taragnor: cause I’l probably forget that

Taragnor: so its your responsibility to factor it in and remind me heh.

Keltan: Basically you gotta roll 19 or better to hit her right now

*****Start of Crimson Rat’s Turn*****

Declared Action: Move South

The rat has had enough and is running like hell…

Well technicalyl double moving like hell.

Keltan: AoO ftw

And giving all three of you AoOs. Remember Aoos are now full attacks (at least AoOs from movement).

<html><body style=“Status:” />

  • Eryk swings at the large rat fleeing the scene of the assault.

<html><body style=“Status:” />Attack 1 Hit AC: 6 Damage: 14
<html><body style=“Status:” /> in the maneuver lists always refers to initiator level.

Session 1

Sea of Dragons Garrion